The Parks Committee
The Parks Committee monitors the condition of William Land Park as well as the City Cemetery and Miller Park.
- Advocate for the proper care, maintenance, protection, and preservation of the Park.
- Coordinate with the officials of the City of Sacramento’s Department of Parks and Recreation and other park stakeholders.
- Support efforts of other park groups (as agreed). This includes gardening, monument preservation, new installations, pet clean up initiatives, and baseball field maintenance.
- Work with other LPCA committees to create communty activites such as clean up days or “adopt a park” efforts to help maintain specific areas. Also, fun family-friendly events and fundraising projects too.
- Collaborate with the Sacramento Historic City Cemetery on projects as decided. https://www.historicoldcitycemetery.org/
- Coordinate with the Land Park Volunteer Corps, to initiate and oversee LPCA projects to improve the Park.
The Land Park Volunteer Corps is a group of Land Park Volunteers who help clean up the park once a month from March through November each year. Various youth groups and other volunteers join them from 9am to 12pm. They enjoy a simple breakfast and hot lunch for their efforts!
The Parks Committee meets as needed and is open to residents and business owners in the Land Park, Upper Land Park, College Plaza, South Land Park Estates, and South Land Park Terrace neighborhoods. For upcoming meeting information, check the LPCA Event Calendar.
Contact the Parks Committee Chair at email@example.com for more information or to discuss a related issue.
To Obtain a Park Permit for Events
Contact the Park Use Reservations Office at: (916) 808-6060
Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To review the FAQ sheet and Permit Form click on the Park Use Guide (4/2019)
Parks Committee Calendar 2022
The LPCA is in search of a volunteer to Chair the Parks Commitee. Until then, meetings will be managed by the executive board and scheduled to meet their personal calendars.
[Note: 19.5 hours of meeting commitments per year, excluding meeting preparation and follow-up.]