|If you live or drive on Riverside Blvd. near the train tracks, there’s plenty of new construction going on. That’s the Del Rio Trail Project.
Below is a recent update:
With the January storms behind us, we have made great progress on the Del Rio trail project construction. The contractor has completed tree clearing throughout the corridor. We want to thank the neighbors who live near the trail for their understanding during the clearing process.
From approximately mid February through mid March, the contractor will be:
- Trimming tree branches.
- Removing fences, debris and other miscellaneous encroachments from the project corridor.
- Removing railroad tracks at select locations.
- In mid February, the contractor will begin modifying the wingwalls of the Land Park Underpass bridge over I-5 and Riverside Blvd. This is to prepare for a new 12’ wide path leading to the bridge.
- Beginning in later February, please expect daytime lane closures on Riverside Blvd to install formwork brackets on the south side of the Land Park Underpass. Look for posted road signs.
- In early March, expect nighttime lane closures on I-5 so we can install formwork support brackets over the freeway. The contractors will conduct the work between 9pm and 5am. At least one lane in each direction will remain open at all times.
- The northbound Sutterville on-ramp and southbound Sutterville off-ramp will be closed during nightwork activities. Nightwork is expected for two weeks, one week for northbound and one for southbound I-5.
The contractors have recently installed construction signage at each trail entrance where it intersects the roadway, notifying the community that no public through access is permitted during construction. And, please remember, if we encounter weather delays, it may push the schedule back a bit.
For any project updates, please check out our website DelRioTrailConstruction.org